By: Lake Forest Staff
Our schedules often fill up very quickly and it can sometimes be difficult to fit your workout in. When you are running short on time, try these quick routines to get your blood flowing.
Routine 1 Strength Training (5 minutes) – No equipment needed.
• Wide-hands pushup – Start in a plank position with palms flat on the ground. Bend your elbows, lowering your chest toward the floor. Pause when your chest is slightly above your elbows and push back up to a starting position. Repeat 10 times.
• Leg Raise – Lay on an exercise mat on the ground. Squeeze your abs as you lift both legs up toward the ceiling. Lower your legs slowly until they are a few inches off the ground. Life back up to a starting position. Repeat 10 times.
• Side Plank – Start in a plank position. Slowly twist your torso to the left, stacking your feet. Continue rotating the entire body to the left while balancing on your right hand. Hold for 10 seconds and switch sides.
• Tricep dips – Sit on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground in front of you. Place your hands behind you with your fingertips pointing toward your glutes. Press down on the ground while lifting your glutes in the air. Bend your elbows to dip your body toward the ground and push back up to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.
• Squat – Stand with your feet wider than your hips. Put your palms together at your chest with your elbow bent. Squeeze your abs and push your hips backward while bending your knees. Repeat 10 times.
Routine 2 Cardio (10 minutes) – Equipment needed
• 100 jogs in place
• 90 jumping jacks
• 80 glute kicks
• 70 high knees
• 60 mountain climbers
• 50 fast upper cuts (with 3-lb or 5-lb weights)
• 40 squats
• 30 alternating bike kicks
• 20 push ups
• 10 burpees
Email Updates: Get updates sent directly to your inbox!
Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Health & Fitness Center - 1200 North Westmoreland Road - Lake Forest, Illinois - 60045 - 847.535.7060 - TTY - 711
LLT Group - Website Design & Creative Agency